About GeoblinkWe’re a fast-growing startup that has already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms and was named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 most promising startups in the world. Our goal is to revolutionise how businesses drive their strategy utilising Location Intelligence. We leverage GIS technologies and Big Data to create a beautiful map-based user interface that not only provides lots of awesome statistics but also a great experience for our users.
Who we’re looking to recruit
An end-to-end Product Designer with experience working on digital products with a high degree of complexity. Strong product thinking and a data-driven mindset are fundamental to this role, as well as being able to solve problems autonomously.
What you'll be doing
- Working for the user: applying a user-centred approach to everyday tasks. Incorporating user research in the process (or making sure that user research is always taken into account), and conveying user requirements back to the team in a clear and concise manner.
- Reducing the Design-Dev gap: maintaining and improving the Design-to-Development workflow, including evolving our Design System.
- Balancing innovation with practicality: crafting simple, scalable and viable solutions to solve complex problems.
- Defining, identifying and incorporating metrics: using available analytics to make data-driven decisions, and helping to communicate the design process.
- Collaborating: connecting the right stakeholders in the process and presenting complex information for easy interpretation.
- Iterating: breaking designs into small, bite-sized implementations and collecting data from each deployment to inform the decisions in the following iterations.
- Data visualisation: communicating complex data in a simple and scalable format that will be easy to understand for users, regardless of their technical experience.
- Evangelising user-centred methods: creating and maintaining frameworks/processes to democratise user-centred approaches beyond the Design Team.
- Understanding the business: be fully aware of how the business works, how it makes money, and what the internal constraints are, so we can ensure our design solutions meet the business goals while helping the users.
- Understanding the industry: having an updated view about how the industry adapts and embraces Location Intelligence and Big Data into current work strategies.
- Feedback: sharing and receiving feedback to help improve the overall quality of our products, teams and processes.
We would be extra happy if you also could:
- Illustrate: drawing consistent illustrations that will help us communicate value to users in a more efficient way.
- Animate interactions: animating design elements in order to better communicate the expected outcome to developers.
These are some of the tools we currently use:
Why work for Geoblink
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing business ROI or building complex data systems. People join us not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunities to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with smart peers.
We have high standards not just for the things we build, but also for our culture and the development of the people in our team. We foster an inclusive atmosphere of humbleness and respect where ideas are shared and feedback is used to promote quality and innovation. Some initiatives we have in place are Hackathons twice a year, bi-weekly tech talks, personal development budget for books, training and conferences and time for side projects every other Friday.
We also offer the following:
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression
- Annual personal budget for you to spend on developing yourself (online courses, conferences, training etc)
- Flexible remuneration: subsidised restaurant tickets, transport tickets, private healthcare and childcare
- Unlimited coffee, team, soft drinks, fruit etc
- Plenty of chill-out space with the typical start-up ping-pong table and office yoga
- Plenty of quiet space for you to work in peace to produce your best work
- The greatest start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy
- Phantom shares after 1 year of employment
Geoblink is passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome and, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or beliefs, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let our team know.